Allen & Allen Co.’s growth strategy remains a focus as we roll into a new year! As we continue adding to our team, we are pleased to announce a new Management Trainee program. Here’s everything you need to know:
Allen & Allen Co. Management Trainee:
Job Type: Full-time
Allen & Allen Co. is a building material supplier in San Antonio, Texas. Our business model is solution oriented and aimed and providing an exceptional customer experience to residential and commercial contractors. Our current lines of business include: lumber, millwork/moulding, windows and doors, and architectural hardware.
The Allen & Allen Co. Management Training Program provides a holistic experience that will expose a trainee to all facets of our business with a focus on sales and operational functions. Participants in the program can expect to learn about the sales cycle from start to finish and gain valuable skills in the areas of project management, business development and professional sales.
Allen & Allen Co. will place emphasis on promoting top talent from this program for growth opportunities when and where available. Positions attainable after completion of this program include, but are not limited to:
- Project Estimator
- Cost Engineer
- Lumber Analyst
- Purchasing Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Business Development Associate
If you are a professional looking to learn, grow, network and have fun, this program provides tremendous opportunity.
- Onboarding: Program participants will go through a comprehensive onboarding process, and participate in structured development sessions that are operational and selling in nature. The primary Lines of Business include:
- Lumber/Millwork – learn about various lumber, commodities trading, supply chain management, and manufacturing (through our on-site mill)
- Windows/Doors – learn project take off, estimating, and sales and work closely with a number of reputable, national manufacturers.
- Decorative/Industrial Hardware – learn design trends, cost/value engineering and sales
Training Schedule includes:
- Complete training rotation with each Line of Business Manager
- Observe sales process in the field with Business Development Reps; attend sales and service calls.
- Prepare quotes and supporting documents which involve reading plans, doing material take-offs and preparing cost estimates
- Gain building material project knowledge by participating in product knowledge sessions and observing best operational practices in the lumber yards, warehouses and throughout the manufacturing processes;
- Learn proprietary software, data entry and CRM management necessary to prepare quotes, invoices and to track sales activity.
- Actively participate with the Contractor Sales Team to solve customer complaints, prepare customer contracts and make strategies for new business.
- Skillset Development: Receive on-going coaching to enhance communication, leadership, presentation, and selling skillsets.
- Leadership Exposure/Mentorship: Meet with executive leaders to learn about different areas of the business including: sales, operations, accounting, and marketing/communications
- Networking: Trainees will be able to grow their network and build positive working relationships. We work with reputable partners at the local and national level.
- Have Fun: Participate in company lunch and learns, attend social events with colleagues, join existing team at industry functions and more.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Clear decision making and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Preferred educational background in Construction, Industrial Distribution, Business or related field
Send in your resume, cover letter, or LinkedIn Profile as soon as possible in order to be considered for this opportunity immediately. Applicants must be over the age of 18 in order to qualify